Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bighorn Mountains

I hiked up to an alpine lake surrounded by meadows...its such a nice suprise finding anything besides mud, dust, and pointy rocks on the ground in the mountains so I took off my boots and ran barefoot around the meadows.

Everyone else I saw up there was riding horses (lazy!) I think they may have thought I was crazy, as I hiked up and decided to run around when I got there. (Look Jordan, paint horses!)


The trails were rocky and muddy and it was cloudy or raining most of the day. Just like hiking in the Whites, reminded me of all the good times fording rivers and waking up in flooded tents.

Here is the ruin of an old outhouse.


And a moose.


These were the first Wyoming mountains I have hiked in that are grizzly free, which was comforting. In several days though, I am heading into the Teton backcountry, which is definitely not grizzly free (don't worry, I'll have a friend, a bear can, and bear spray).

1 comment: